Coolac Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Coolac (2727) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 303 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Coolac is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Coolac was 365 and is comprised of approximately 43.0% females and 57.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coolac is 45 years of age.

93.4% of people living in the suburb of Coolac were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% New Zealand, 1.1% England.

98.4% of people living in Coolac speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coolac is 42.7% Catholic, 31.0% Anglican, 8.5% No religion, 6.0% Christian, nfd, 4.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.9% Uniting Church, 1.1% Buddhism.

54.7% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 9.0% are divorced and 5.4% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in Coolac.

63.5% of the people living in Coolac over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.6% are working on a part time basis. Coolac has an unemployment rate of 1.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Coolac are 33.9% Managers, 23.8% Labourers, 7.9% Professionals, 7.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.3% Technicians & trades workers, 5.3% Sales workers, 5.3% Community & personal service workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Coolac work in are 45.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.4% Accommodation and food services, 6.8% Construction, 6.3% Education and training, 5.3% Manufacturing, 4.7% Public administration and safety, 4.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.2% Health care and social assistance, 3.2% Wholesale trade.

53.9% of homes are fully owned, and 23.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $533 per week and the median household income is $1086 per week.

The median rent in Coolac is $70 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1170 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coolac postcode 2727

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Ellis Lane 2570 -> Sydney -> New South Wales